The tenth edition of the STAHY International Workshop, STAHY 2019, is organized by the International Commission on Statistical Hydrology (ICSH) of the International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS), and Hohai University.
STAHY 2019, similarly to previous editions, will focus on statistical methods for hydrological applications. This branch of hydrology has a long history, and continues to be an exciting and topical field of research.
General topics include:
- Big data, data mining & assimilation in hydrology
- Extreme hydrological and meteorological events under climate change
- Hydrological prediction and its uncertainty
- Hydrological design and risk assessment under changing environment
- Eco-hydrological regime changes and uncertainty assessment under human activities
STAHY 2019 will bring together the experts – academics and practitioners – and young scientists alike for vibrant scientific discussions and debates. We believe that this occasion will be an enjoyable experience for all participants.
STAHY 2019 will be held in Nanjing, China from October 19 - 20, 2019. The workshop venue will be the College of Hydrology and Water Resources, Hohai University.
On the day before this workshop (October 18), we will also hold an Early Career Course and a short reception for the early career members of the STAHY. All young hydrological scholars are welcome to participate in this event.
(1) Abstract submission deadline: June 30, 2019
(2) Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2019
(3) Early bird registration: August 15, 2019
(4) STAHY workshop:
- Arrive, Reception: October 18, 2019
- Plenary Sessions & Breakout Group Discussion: October 19-20, 2019
(5) Early career course:
- Arrive, Reception: October 17, 2019
- Presentations & Discussion: October 18, 2019