Participants from outside China may need valid passports and visas to enter China. Visas for citizens from some countries may not be required if these countries are included in the visa exemption list, which can be found at Mutual visa exemption agreements between P.R.C. and foreign countries. You may wish to check whether you are eligible for visa exemption.
If you are required a visa to enter China, please visit www.visaforchina.org for more information regarding the requirements and procedures for obtaining a Chinese visa. If your country is not listed on this website, please search for the Embassy or Consulates of China in your country of residence. For example, Embassy of China in the United States can be found at http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/.
We recommend you prepare all travel documents as early as possible. The processing time for visa application in some countries may be longer. Please check with the Embassy or Consulates of China in your country of residence.
Furthermore, if you need an invitation letter for visa application, please let us know by sending us your personal information and STAHY2019 registration receipt to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are different ways to enter China. Nanjing Lukou Airport (NKG) connects cities in China and abroad. There are direct flights to major international hubs. Transfers via Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou are available everyday both by air and by rail. Domestic cities can be conveniently reached by high-speed train or by bus.
The Conference Venue locates just next to the main campus of Hohai University at the central area of the city of Nanjing. The following map shows some key connections among Hohai University (Conference Venue) and Nanjing Lukou Airport, Nanjing Railway Station, Nanjing South Railway Station (major High-Speed Train Station).
From Nanjing Lukou Airport (NKG)
- Taxi: take taxi directly to the Conference Venue (about 1 hours, 150 RMB);
- Subway: Nanjing Metro Line S1, transfer to Nanjing Metro Line 1 at the Nanjing South Railway Station, get off at Gulou Station, then take taxi (around 15 RMB) to the Conference Venue;
- Airport shuttle bus: Every 30 minutes. Get off at the Hanzhong Gate Station, and then take taxi (around 15 RMB) to the Conference Venue.
From Nanjing Railway Station
- Taxi: take taxi directly to the Conference Venue (20 minutes, about 25 RMB);
- Nanjing Metro Line 1, get off at Gulou Station, then take a taxi (10 minutes, about 15 RMB);
- Bus 318, get off at Xikang Road Station, and then walk 200 meters (50 minutes, about 2 RMB).
From Nanjing South Railway Station (High-speed train station)
- Taxi: take taxi directly to the Conference Venue (35 minutes, about 40 RMB);
- Nanjing Metro Line 1, get off at Gulou Station, then take a taxi (10 minutes, about 15 RMB) to Conference Venue.
- Planes: take flights from Beijing Capital International Airport to Nanjing Lukou Airport. Then follow the instructions above;
- Train: Take the airport shuttle bus to Beijing South Railway Station, then take the China Railway High-speed (CRH) trains to Nanjing South Railway Station. Then follow the instructions above.
- Planes: take flights from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport or Shanghai Pudong International Airport to Nanjing Lukou Airport. Then follow the instructions above;
- Trains: From Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, take internal transfer to Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station, then take the China Railway High-speed (CRH) trains to Nanjing Railway Station or Nanjing South Railway Station;
- Trains: From Shanghai Pudong International Airport, take Metro Line 1 to Shanghai Railway Station or Line 10 to Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station. Take the CRH trains to Nanjing Railway Station or Nanjing South Railway Station.